The £5.3bn Better Care Fund was announced by the Government in the June 2013 spending round, to ensure a transformation in integrated health and social care.
The Better Care Fund (BCF) is one of the most ambitious programmes across the NHS and local government to date. It creates a local single pooled budget to incentivise the NHS and local government to work more closely together around people, placing their wellbeing as the focus of health and care services, and shifting resources into social care and community services for the benefit of the people, communities and health and care systems. For more detail about the background to the BCF, please visit NHSE webpage.
For the latest news and announcements about BCF, please sign up to the Integration and BCF Bulletin via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; this is a weekly e-newsletter for those responsible for the development and implementation of BCF plans and wider integration.
The LGA was commissioned to provide bespoke support to local areas to develop their BCF for 2017-19. For more information, go to Better Care support offer.
- 2017 -19 Integration and BCF Policy Framework
- Integration and Better Care Fund Planning Requirements 2017-19 and supporting documents
The LGA has not endorsed the Planning Requirements.
- Better Care Fund July 2017 Guidance – Frequently Asked Questions
- Read our press release.
- DToC health and wellbeing board and provider relationship (Excel)
BCF data collection and performance reports.
Regional Better Care managers
How to guides
A series of how to guides were produced to help areas with the implementation of their BCF plan. These documents are working drafts based on the best evidence available. If you have any feedback please email email@example.com.
- How to lead and manage Better Care implementation
- How to bring budgets together and use them to develop care provision
- How to work together across health, care and beyond
- How to understand and measure impact
Other useful tools and documents
- BCF planning 2016-17
- 2016/17 BCF Policy Framework
- The full Better Care Fund allocations for 2016-17, broken down by Health and Wellbeing Board area
- Technical guidance annex 4: BCF planning requirements for 2016-17
- Readiness for implementing the BCF: Aggregate national analysis of local self assessments March 2015
- Mapping of CCGs to HWBs, and HWBs to Area Team and local government region contacts
- Care Act overview for BCF toolkit
- BCF plan review template
If you have any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For local government specific queries, please email email@example.com.