At the LGA we believe that T Levels should be a key part of a council’s early career strategy.
Launched by the government in 2020, T Levels are a technical qualification for 16 to 19-year-olds. They are an ideal way to engage local young people to take an interest in working in local government by providing T level industry placements.
Offering an industry placement to a young person can encourage them to actively contribute to and make an impact on local government, while offering much needed capacity for the council hosting them.
Sign up for the monthly T Levels newsletter to receive the latest information, resources and events.
Benefits of hosting a T Level industry placement
- A recruitment pool to help address hard to fill vacancies.
- Access to high calibre, highly motivated individuals.
- Direct influence on the skills gap.
- Opportunity to promote councils as employers to young people.
- New and existing staff have the opportunity to mentor a young person.
- Adds a new avenue to increase diversity in recruitment.
- Supporting a young person in a field that is occupationally relevant to their area of study.
- Progression routes can be shaped through placements, e.g. apprenticeships, graduate programmes or employment within your council.
To find out more contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org