Resources to support staff in different parts of the organisation during COVID-19.
The measures taken in the UK to manage the coronavirus pandemic has impacted on many aspects of our every day lives, including work.
For many people, these changes have come with a tidal wave of communications, fears, behaviours, new working practices and mental health issues that many of us will never have dealt with before.
We have some new resources to help employers and their managers to think about and manager the wellbeing of their staff and fulfil their duty of care for their employees, which carries on no matter where staff are based.
- Managing the wellbeing for furloughed staff during COVID-19 – LGA advice to supporting the engagement and wellbeing of furloughed staff during COVID-19
- Managing the wellbeing of frontline staff during COVID-19 – LGA advice for supporting the mental health of frontline staff and key workers during COVID-19
- Managing the wellbeing of social care staff during COVID-19 - LGA guide and resources
- Managing the wellbeing of remote working during COVID-19 – LGA advice and resource
- Supporting emotional resilience and wellbeing – an audio podcast highlighting some of the different models and ways of working in the future and what this will mean for leaders, managers and employees
- Wellbeing and managing musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions
Time to talk day, 4 February 2021
Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council (MBC) councillors share personal stories on the importance of having conversations about their mental health challenges.
Our Frontline – 24 hour support for key workers
In addition to existing EAP support available to the local government workforce, Our Frontline was created at the start of the pandemic to provide round the clock support to key workers. Our Frontline offers round-the-clock one-to-one support, by call or text, from trained volunteers, plus resources, tips and ideas to look after your mental health. Our Frontline is a partnership between Shout, Samaritans, Mind, Hospice UK and The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.