Supporting health, resilience and wellness at work.
COVID-19 and wellbeing
The measures taken in the UK to manage the coronavirus pandemic has impacted on many aspects of our every day lives, including work.
For many people, these changes have come with a tidal wave of communications, fears, behaviours, new working practices and mental health issues that many of us will never have dealt with before.
We have some new resources to help employers and their managers to think about and manager the wellbeing of their staff and fulfil their duty of care for their employees, which carries on no matter where staff are based.
- Managing the wellbeing of frontline staff during COVID-19 – LGA advice for supporting the mental health of frontline staff and key workers during COVID-19
- Managing the wellbeing of social care staff during COVID-19 - LGA guide and resources
- Managing the wellbeing of remote working during COVID-19 – LGA advice and resource
- Supporting emotional resilience and wellbeing – an audio podcast highlighting some of the different models and ways of working in the future and what this will mean for leaders, managers and employees
- A practical guide from the British Psychological Society for managing the wellbeing of staff during COVID-19- this guide considers the wellbeing needs of healthcare staff (clinical and non clinical) and has recommendations for how to respond at individual, management and organisational level to how staff may be feeling during different phases of living and working through the pandemic.
- Online training resources from the Management School of the University of London - advising how to support mental health in the workplace as a manager and colleague.