Putting digital technology at the heart of operations and building workforce expertise
Use these resources to work towards putting digital technologies at the heart of the way the council works and trains its workforce in how to use them, and actively develops its workforce’s expertise within the DDaT and cyber professions.
Resources and support
- Cyber security: 10 questions for a councillor (and any layperson) to ask - a list of 10 questions that you can use to better understand cyber security arrangements and how risk is being managed within your council.
- LGA digital programmes and resources - a hub that provides councils with best practice in the sector to support officers and councillors working on improving services through digital transformation and innovation
- Councillor Introduction to... Digital and Data Training Series - seven free councillor training sessions to support members navigate the world of digital and technology as their local authorities harness this area of innovation to help deal with COVID-19 pressures and support residents, communities and businesses utilise technology to improve their everyday life.
- Digital Pathfinders Programme - a programme designed to support councils seeking to innovate and develop pioneering initiatives to advance digital inclusion, digital connectivity, and cyber security.
- 10 Questions on Cyber Security - a guide for councillors sitting on scrutiny committees and the officers who support them to understand how the council’s scrutiny function can review policies, practices and procedures relating to cyber security. It is also useful for cyber security professionals working in local government.
- Discretionary Grant Application Process
- Grant approval background process