The centrally-led Better Care support consists of a number of elements including Better Care advisers, multi-disciplinary consultancy, thematic masterclasses and regional networking events.
- Better Care advisers: a pool of advisers that localities can draw upon to provide senior level facilitation in instances where it is required, that will provide local areas with the hands-on support in plan implementation and preparing the next round of Better Care plans.
- Multi-disciplinary consultancy support: a flexible support resource working either in conjunction with the Better Care Advisers or independently, with the aim of sharing learning from all strands of support. The consultancy support offer will focus on:
- Project and Programme Management
- Analytical Expertise
- Technical Support
- Case study development
- Thematic masterclasses: a programme of masterclasses focussing on the key challenges associated with integrated care. Enabling local areas to access expertise in an opt-in way and which have been developed based on areas' needs.
- Regional networking events: providing additional capacity for regions to draw on and support their own support local learning events. These locally led events will be focused on highlighting successes, progress and shareable solutions to encourage case study development for wider knowledge sharing.
- Programme of case studies, guidance, insight bulletins: providing access to technical solutions, insight and examples of what works focusing (although not exclusively) on:
- integrated datasets and IT
- aligned financial incentives and risk sharing
- integrated workforce and culture
Better Care Managers have been recruited in each region to gather learning and coordinate support to local areas.
Funding has been allocated to each region, in order to enhance and support regions' capacity and capability to achieve the overall aims and vision for the Better Care Fund. Regions can commission bespoke packages of support to respond to regionally identified needs, generate shared solutions at a regional level and tailor national resources and products to regional needs.
The Better Care Support Team recognises that there are limitations in how much it can tailor its support package to the needs of individual areas and regions. We believe that it is essential to continue with enabling places to customise support that meets its specific needs.