Work can be conducted virtually or in person.
One-day communications healthcheck
A small review team will spend a day meeting individuals and teams within your council. The healthcheck will include:
- Overall review of your current communications function
- Review of your communications strategy
- Assessment of current communications activity, capability and capacity
- Quick wins to help you tackle key issues and a summary report
Three-day communications review
For councils looking for a more in-depth and strategic view of their wider communications activity, we offer a three-day communications review. This includes:
- In-depth review of your current communications function
- In-depth review of your strategy and advice on developing an authentic corporate narrative and place brand
- Detailed assessment of current communications activity
- Feedback session - a set of quick wins to help you tackle key issues and a detailed report with longer term recommendations
Led by an experienced senior communications manager, the review team will be assembled depending on the areas of specialism you would like reviewed.
Both our one-day health checks and three-day reviews can be tailored to cover your communications around specific issues or service areas.
Contact us to book your communications review.
We offer workshops and support to help councils develop strategies.
Examples of workshops delivered by the LGA include:
- A workshop with cabinets and executives covering the importance of good communications, the role of members in engaging with their communities and developing an administration’s priorities into a compelling narrative. Led by a member peer and a communications professional
- A workshop focussed on crisis communications and/or reputation, including the strategic planning and practical response to major incidents and unexpected events. Led by an experienced communications professional
Contact us to discuss your workshop requirements.
Contact us to book your strategic support.
Organisational and place narrative
Support to develop an organisational and/or place narrative can be tailored to a council’s needs. Examples include:
- A roundtable session with senior management teams to help deliver corporate narrative and organisational priorities and campaigns, led by an experienced communications professional
- Support from communications professionals to develop place narrative through facilitated workshops, focus groups and communications activity
Contact us to discuss support to develop narrative.
Communicating in a political environment
In this session, an experienced communications professional will guide participants through:
- The Code of Practice on Local Authority Publicity
- Communicating during the pre-election period
- Principles of effective working between communications professionals/ teams and elected members
- Examples of good practice
Lasting around three hours, typically, this session can be tailored to council officers and/ or members’ needs.
Contact us to book this session or to find out more.
#FutureComms skills audit
Contact us to book your skills audit.
Social media training
We offer social media training for councillors and officers. Bespoke courses can be arranged to suit the size of the group as well as the experience and needs of the participants.
Depending on your needs, we can cover topics such as:
- Understanding social media best practice (what, when and where)
- Engaging with your audience
- Content planning
- Content creation
- Dealing with challenging situations online
- Finding an effective and appropriate ‘digital voice’
Contact us to find out more and book your social media support.
Contact us to discuss media training.