The LGA is delighted to be offering 20 free places on a pilot leadership offer for council officers with strategic responsibility for developing and supporting the visitor economy.
Date: 7 September – 25 November 2023 (online)
The LGA is delighted to be offering 20 FREE places on a pilot leadership offer for council officers with strategic responsibility for developing and supporting the visitor economy.
Delivered in partnership with the Tourism Management Institute, this programme is comprised of three sessions, which aim to support officers to:
- access and apply tools and resources targeted to support the development of local visitor economies
- hear good practice from councils and sector experts and identify transferrable good practice
- discuss with peers the challenges and opportunities taking place locally
- build networks to support visitor economy activity.
The three sessions will focus on the key areas of:
- economic strategy
- data & digital
- sustainability and accessibility
- examples of best practice case studies from destinations across the country.
Over the course of each session, the training will aim to highlight data resources available to council officers and to help maximise council’s strategic contribution to support and grow the visitor economy.
Each training seminar will involve keynote speakers, best practice case studies including Q&A facility and opportunities for members to share ideas, experiences, local initiatives and insights to compile key action points to take away. All sessions will follow Chatham House rules, but will include a summary briefing and final ‘state of the sector’ report which will be used to inform the LGA’s future improvement support offer on the visitor economy.