The Department for Science, Innovation and Technology and the Local Government Association are coming together to host a series of webinars for Local Authorities on digital connectivity.
These information sessions will discuss the benefits of digital connectivity, provide useful information for supporting the rollout of digital infrastructure and provide an opportunity to answer questions. Each webinar will focus on a different theme or topic related to digital connectivity and will feature experts from local government and industry.
This is the second webinar in the series, and will:
- Give an overview of the legal environment around telecoms deployment.
- Discuss the rights and obligations of code operators and site providers, with a view to fostering mutual understanding and furthering deployment.
- Create an opportunity to raise challenges faced by local authorities.
- Provide practical tips and notable practice for teams within Local Authorities who engage with operators in negotiations of Code Agreements.
Who are the speakers?
- Lisa Price, Joint Head of Electronic Communications Code Policy, Department for Science, Innovation and Technology
- Belinda Fawcett, General Counsel and Director of Property and Estates, Cornerstone and Juliette Wallace, Legal and Property Director, Mobile Broadband Network Limited
- Lynne Wilson, Digital Infrastructure Programme Manager, Berkshire Digital Infrastructure Group
Who should attend?
This session is aimed at legal teams and those involved in negotiating Code Agreements for digital connectivity and councillors with an interest in digital.
To register you interest please complete this booking form.
Please note the webinar will take place on Microsoft Teams and joining instructions will be shared a week prior to the event. Attendance will be registered by both DSIT and LGA. The full list of speakers will be confirmed closer to the date.