Expand your political leadership skills with our free e-learning platform for councillors.
If you're a councillor, completing our e-learning modules will deepen your knowledge of local government and help you to build the leadership skills you need to work effectively with your communities.
You can use the platform to create a bespoke learning programme – choosing the modules most relevant to your individual needs and interests, and fitting your learning around all your other commitments.
We offer e-learning modules on the following subjects:
- Biodiversity for councils
- Commissioning council services
- Community engagement and leadership
- Councillor Code of Conduct
- Councillor induction
- Economic development
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Facilitation and conflict resolution
- Handling intimidation
- Holding council meetings online
- Influencing skills
- Licensing and regulation
- Local government finance
- Police and crime panels
- Scrutiny for councillors
- Stress management and personal resilience
- Supporting mentally healthier communities
- Supporting your constituents with complex issues
- The effective ward councillor
- UK general data protection regulation (GDPR)