Formerly known as Local Investment Programme, the LGA in collaboration with NHS Digital is grant funding digital innovation in social care, with projects ranging from new assistive technology to data analytics to predict demand. How to apply for future funding as well as case studies, lessons learned, and evaluation reports from existing grant programmes will be regularly added to this page.
2018/19 funding opportunity
The LGA and NHS Digital has launched another funding opportunity for local authorities with social care responsibility. Funding of up to £100,000 is available for projects that can use information and technology to improve adult social care and health outcomes and deliver financial savings.
- The Social Care Digital Innovation Programme prospectus includes information on what we are looking for and the Expression of Interest process.
- Complete your online expression of interest
- Questions asked during the expression of interest period
- Top tips for project managers from the 2017/18 investment programme
The deadline for the expression of interest is 4pm on 1 June 2018.
2017/18 Local Investment Programme
The LGA and NHS Digital ran the Local Investment Programme, to support councils to use digital technology to improve social care services last year. Nineteen councils have received up to £50,000 towards their projects, detailed in the four themes below. This includes case studies and lessons learned so far.
On 27 April 2018 the local authorities came together to discuss their projects. Download the slides from the event.
Two blogs from Ed Humphreys on this year's and last year's programme
- BBC Daily Politics Show segment about the Amazon Alexa pilot with short MP studio discussion at the end
- Video involving a couple of providers and a learning disabled service user in supported living in Barnet
- Video involving a young physically disabled woman called Georgie in Hants with an Amazon Echo
Blog from Mark Golledge on the importance of service design