The offer includes workshops and bespoke on-site support delivered by experienced system leaders from health, local government and social care who are able to identify where you are now and what more you need to do to accelerate the scale and pace of progress. We also provide a wide selection of tools, guidance and good practice examples.
As well as the hands-on support listed below, we produce a range of good practice and signposting materials:
Our hands-on, individual support covers the following thematic areas:
- Evaluation, governance and programme management
- Evaluation and impact: aiding the development of capacity to evaluate, make decisions and work together to develop a future approach
- integrated governance tool: supporting you to consider how to use governance to support shared leadership, balance short-term pressures with longer-term goals, and reconcile regulatory demands with place-based ambitions
- integrated programme management tool: ensuring capacity and capability are sufficiently organised across place to support transformation
- Integration building blocks
- Sizing the Prize: identifying best resource allocation in terms of maximising population outcomes
- Integrated finance tool: developing shared understanding of money flows
- Integrated care model tool: How to harness new organisational and service design models, which focus on improving health and wellbeing
- Integrated Commissioning for Better Outcomes
- Improving flow and transfers of care
- Bespoke support
We can develop support packages tailored to your local needs, which build on any of our existing tools or are focused on local issues or context. Please contact your Care and Health Improvement Adviser or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or advice on which support might best assist your system.
- Other CHIP support
The Care and Health Improvement Programme also provides support on a range of interdependent areas, such as the use of technology or market shaping. For more information, follow these links:
- Commissioning and market shaping: Facilitating and shaping diverse and sustainable markets for high-quality care and support, which benefit the whole population
- Digital and technology: Supporting the delivery of integrated care through technology and digital innovation
- Efficiency and sustainability work: Helping councils develop innovative, efficient and sustainable approaches in care and health services
- Further support is available on leadership and governance
- Case studies
There are a wide range of case studies describing many elements of local systems’ journey developing integrated care. Below are links to not only the LGA’s database but also those of our health and care partners.