The LGA supported the commitment to allow local authorities to create locally-led New Town Development Corporations initially set out in the Housing White Paper, and introduced by the Neighbourhood Planning Act 2017.
- proposals for a borrowing cap should be removed
- flexibility of scale and legislative backing for garden villages
- compulsory Purchase Order powers and ease of use
- additional legal certainty for quality place-making should be provided
- additional policy and capacity support for local authorities.