Public Affairs lead on corporate parliamentary engagement and lobbying activity. The team promotes the important role of local government to parliamentarians, seeks to enhance and protect councils' reputation and to secure positive change to legislation.
Our key areas of work include:
- Briefing for debates and parliamentary questions;
- Influencing legislation;
- Giving written and oral evidence to parliamentary select committee inquires;
- Developing the LGA's relationships with key stakeholders from the private, public and voluntary sectors;
- Managing the LGA's corporate engagement across the party conferences, and
- Organising events which bring together parliamentarians and LGA councillors.