We have produced a series of written and video guides to support councillors in using social media.
Effective communication is vital for councillors. Social media can play a key role in achieving this, provided it is used in the right way.
Social media can enable councillors to:
- promote the work they are doing to a variety of audiences
- engage with residents, businesses and community groups
- listen to conversations and issues going on in their local areas.
- explain how to use various social media platforms
- provide advice on creating good content
- give tips on accessibility and best practice
- show the best ways to engage in healthy debate and tackle online abuse.