Masterclasses will provide participants with carbon literacy accreditation, enabling them to make informed decisions about carbon reduction.
Are you a councillor or council officer who has responsibility for delivering your council's ambitions for delivering net zero, climate adaptation or biodiversity targets? Sign up for one of our Sustainability masterclasses to learn how you can take meaningful action and become carbon literacy accredited, with plenty of opportunities for collaboration, discussion, and support.
What to expect
Each masterclass will:
- provide participants with the opportunity to become carbon literacy accredited
- offer a different perspective on sustainability to provide understanding into various methodologies and practical guidance to support replication and scaling of notable sustainability practices.
Sustainability masterclasses are open to English councillors and council officers, free of charge.
Councils taking part in our Sustainability masterclasses will benefit from:
- helping to explore the crucial local leadership role in responding to the climate emergency, green finance, carbon net zero and adaptation
- exploring levers for councils to reduce carbon emissions projects
- providing opportunities for councillors to work together to learn from each other’s experiences
- equipping those who attend the training to train others in their council and local area on the climate emergency.
Who are the masterclasses for? Our expectations for delegates
Our virtual sustainability masterclasses are aimed at councillors and council officers working on sustainability activities at councils in England, who:
- have the capacity to undertake the training, which will include a commitment to attending the masterclass and completing satisfaction surveys afterwards
- are willing to share your learning and experiences from the programme within your own council and with other councils across the country
- will contribute positively to all the sessions and workshops.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]