We represent employers' interests to central government and other bodies on local government pensions policy.
We provide the secretariat service for the Local Government Pensions Committee (LGPC), a committee of councillors constituted by the:
- Local Government Association (LGA)
- Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA)
- Convention of Scottish Local Authorities (COSLA).
The LGPC provides technical advice and has a suite of technical guides on:
- the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- related compensation matters that it makes available to Pension Fund Administering Authorities and to employers.
- provide general communication information
- provide and maintain a central suite of guides and leaflets for employees and councillors on the LGPS that authorities administering the LGPS may download and personalise for their own use and the use of employers in their fund.
A full programme of pensions training is available for:
- pensions practitioners
- personnel officers
- other employing authority staff with an interest in the LGPS.
LGPC bulletins and technical guides
Please visit the LGPS Regulations website to view the LGPC bulletins and technical guides.
For England and Wales from April 2014
For England and Wales up to April 2014
For Scotland up to March 2015
Shadow Board for the LGPS in England and Wales.
Providing information for employer and fund practitioners on LGPS 2014.
Information for scheme members on the Local Government Pension Scheme in England and Wales.