Enhancing local productivity by supporting the use of digital technology
Find resources to support work for getting local businesses, partners and third sector organisations connected to the internet, and the capability to benefit from the engagement it enables.
Resources and support
- Digital switchover - In 2016, it was announced that the telecommunications industry would replace all analogue lines and upgrade to digital internet-based infrastructure by 2025. As part of the LGA sector-led improvement work, this resource intends to offer support to councils throughout the switchover period.
- Digital Switchover Toolkit for Commissioners - a practical tool to enable commissioners within councils, housing associations and third-sector organisations to understand the implications of the Digital Switchover for Care Technology and to provide guidance and signposting.
- Local Government Digital Switchover Working Group - aims to give councils an opportunity to discuss issues, opportunities and good practice relating to the analogue to digital switchover for adult social care and local government more broadly.
- Digital Connectivity Programme - delivered by the LGA, this is a grant funded programme that builds councils' skills and capacity to take advantage of the opportunities offered by connectivity to their local place and communities.
- LGA Digital Showcase Conference - a conference showcase some of the excellent and innovative work councils are doing to redesign and improve their services and ways of working, using digital tools and solutions.
- Local Government Digital Committee (LGDC) - established in late 2007 in order to provide leadership across the sector on the service transformation agenda.