The purpose of this guide is to provide FRA members with information on governance arrangements in the fire and rescue sector, and practical advice on how they can apply the principles of good governance – with a particular focus on effective performance oversight and scrutiny.
The scope of the document is limited to the role of elected members who have direct responsibility for performance oversight and holding officers to account, ie:
- combined fire authority members
- cabinet members with portfolio responsibility for the fire and rescue service in county councils and unitary authorities
- metropolitan fire authority members
- police, fire and crime commissioners
- mayors with governance responsibility for fire and rescue services.
- Published by:
- Reference code: