Helping communities connect to digital services and more
This page brings together a range of resources to support councils in their efforts to help communities access digital council services - and the internet more broadly - wherever they are in the community.
Resources and support
- Four essential steps for delivering digital inclusion projects and initiatives - useful resources to support councils in tackling the digital divide, alongside public sector technology specialists Socitm Advisory and the wider local government sector
- Digital switchover - In 2016, it was announced that the telecommunications industry would replace all analogue lines and upgrade to digital internet-based infrastructure by 2025. As part of the LGA sector-led improvement work, this resource intends to offer support to councils throughout the switchover period.
- Digital Switchover Toolkit for Commissioners - a practical tool to enable commissioners within councils, housing associations and third-sector organisations to understand the implications of the Digital Switchover for Care Technology and to provide guidance and signposting.
- Local Government Digital Switchover Working Group - aims to give councils an opportunity to discuss issues, opportunities and good practice relating to the analogue to digital switchover for adult social care and local government more broadly.
- Digital Housing Programme - the LGA funded five councils to reuse the digital assets and learning from the Kent Home Choice Partnership project. This was to support local government to respond to the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and scale up across other councils the resources and assets developed under a previously successful LGA digital programme.
- Digital Connectivity Programme - delivered by the LGA, this is a grant funded programme that builds councils' skills and capacity to take advantage of the opportunities offered by connectivity to their local place and communities.
- Digital Pathfinders Programme - delivered by the LGA, this programme has awarded funding to support councils seeking to innovate and develop pioneering initiatives to advance digital inclusion, digital connectivity, and cyber security.
- LGA Digital Showcase Conference - a conference showcase some of the excellent and innovative work councils are doing to redesign and improve their services and ways of working, using digital tools and solutions.
- Local Government Digital Committee (LGDC) - established in late 2007 in order to provide leadership across the sector on the service transformation agenda.
- Wirral Council Public Switched Telephones Networks
- Digital Dorset - help us shape the future of rural communities