Working better with hospitals is essential in developing good integrated health and care services, be that to reduce demand for acute services, as well as to ensure people are discharged home in a safe and timely way.
We work with a wide range of partners, including the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services, NHS England and Improvement and government departments to develop a range of tools and resources to support better partnership working and improve outcomes for people using hospital or community services.
Support tools and activity
Our support seeks to:
- assist in improving the outcomes for people in receiving the right care in the right place at the right time which maximises independence and reduces unnecessary stays in hospital
- assist in embedding a culture and behaviours in health and care systems which support the principles of Home First
- actively and positively support health and social care systems in improving patient flow and reducing delays
- ensure that local systems can access the support they need easily and without unnecessary administrative burden
- assist health and social care systems in implementing changes, including culture and behaviour changes, and help in ensuring that these are sustainable and sustained.
In this section: