The joint support offer for managing transfers of care is a partnership made up of the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS), the Better Care Support Team, the Department of Health and Social Care, the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, NHS England and NHS Improvement, and the LGA.
Each of our partners are involved in these support and improvement offers. Types of support include: written guidance, tailored support for local systems, training, workshops, tools and data. The support on offer can be broadly categorised by three types:
- ‘Universal’ support offered on an open basis to all system partners
- Targeted or bespoke support provided on a system by system basis as required
- ‘Enhanced’ support which will be delivered to some of the most challenged systems.
Aims of the support offer
We want to:
- assist in improving the outcomes for people in receiving the right care in the right place at the right time which maximises independence and reduces unnecessary stays in hospital
- assist in embedding a culture and behaviours in health and care systems which support the principles of Home First
- actively and positively support health and social care systems in improving patient flow and reducing delays
- ensure that local systems can access the support they need easily and without unnecessary administrative burden
- assist health and social care systems in implementing changes, including culture and behaviour changes, and help in ensuring that these are sustainable and sustained.