Our virtual Transformation masterclasses will bring together council officers from across England to share ideas and solutions on the transformation of local government service delivery.
Are you a council officer who has responsibility for delivering your council's ambitions for transformation? Sign up for one of our Transformation masterclasses to hear from councils delivering innovative change and transformation programmes with plenty of opportunities for collaboration, discussion, and support. Each masterclass will:
- highlight an example of notable practice to guide participants through the process of how councils deliver widespread transformation and change programmes
- offer a different perspective on transformation to provide understanding into various methodologies and practical guidance to support replication and scaling of notable transformation practices.
Masterclasses are open to English council officers, free of charge. Masterclasses will last a maximum of two hours and be hosted on Microsoft Teams.
Bookings are now open for the following masterclasses, with more to follow as they are confirmed:
Transformation lessons from local government reorganisation (officers)
Tuesday 5 March 2024, 10:00am - 11:45am | Virtual masterclass
The session will focus on key experiences, takeaways and lessons learnt from councils that have undergone local government reorganisation for delegates to learn and adopt techniques that can be used in the delivery of their council transformation projects. It will feature a panel discussion followed by a roundtable with delegates.
Councils taking part in our Transformation masterclasses will benefit from:
- learning from the different approaches to transformation taken by councils across the country
- developing officer understanding of the processes, tools, and structures to effectively establish and deliver transformation projects
- analysing and comparing their work with notable practice from other councils’ transformation activity
- building their network of other council transformation lead officers
- providing participants with knowledge of the key transformation principles that other councils have put in place to tackle transformation challenges and opportunities.
Who are the masterclasses for? – our expectations for delegates
Our virtual Transformation masterclasses are aimed at council officers working on transformation activities at councils in England, who:
- have the capacity to undertake the training, which will include a commitment to attending the masterclass and completing satisfaction surveys afterwards
- are willing to share your learning and experiences from the programme within your own council and with other councils across the country
- will contribute positively to all the sessions and workshops
- are open to participating in additional LGA transformation improvement activities such as our Transformation Network, Transformation Experts programme, matching service, or our Transformation workshops.